Incredible time at Lucca Comics 2017 April 08 2018
Incredible time at Lucca Comics 2017
(plus several big news!)
here so many things to say, so I will try to be brief to avoid mileage emails.
2-3 weeks ago we came back from Lucca Comics and Games 2017festival, as always the most stressful event for my press, five days of hell and hard work. But I really want make some thanks:
- first of all infinite thanks to all fans that assaulted Hollow Press stand, you all are always more, year by year, and thanks to you all, this year we have almost quadrupled the sales in this festival with just four meters of booth... I will never forget those first two hours at the stand... where I was steadly with my head down to write, sign, consign stuff etc, a sort of long trance, if I remember well 30-40 people in front of me for two hours with no stop...
I obviously thanks my two assistants, Antonio Lo Muzio and Paolo Vigneri, two true hollow spartans, one of this guy can hold a booth alone, can do anything, no enough words to thanks them. And I will never forget Paolo Vigneri sentence after a couple of days "I really think I have never worked so hard in my life".
Here the full team:
- ah special thanks go to Juan Scassa, the interpreter for Shintaro Kago, he made an incredible work letting the master to 100% enjoy the festival and the experience, no doubt about that just seeing how much they have related each other establishing a strong friendship.
- great thanks to all the artists guest at my stand, this year we got 7 guests, Shintaro Kago, Paolo Bacilieri, Paolo Massagli, Spugna, David Genchi, Danilo Manzi, LaurenceEngraver, they sketched a lot... and I'm so proud that the young italian artists are growing up a such friendship, I discovered with my pleasure they now call themself as "coinquilini del male".
just some curiosity:
- I'm so proud that Paolo Bacilieri won one of the most prestigious award in Europe, he won the Gran Guinigi as "best short story" with the book published with us, Palla!
I made it in live with him but I really want thanks again him for the wonderful words he spent for me on stage during the prizegiving.
- the italian artist Spugna put a sort of record in italian underground comics (I guess), with just this festival he sold out all boxes of The Rust Kingdom we brought there... we are speaking of an half satan, 333 copies! Sold out in the early morning of the fifth day of the festival... congratulation to our Spugna for his amazing comic book, for many critics book of the year yet!
Yeah, Spugna went slaved, see the picture
* we printed 1500 copies of this book and probably it will go sold out within a couple of months, so if you want the first edition, hurry up to order it!
- also we are superproud to have organized a live painting with Shintaro Kago during the festival, this was a particular event, because Kago made about 80% of painting and the rest (all the trashing details from the head) was made by the young italian hollow artists! So a painting at 10 hands!
Finally, they all signed the painting and it went to a charity auction after some hours to help the local pediatric hospital.
NOW SOME NEW ABOUT NEW STUFF ON THE STORE!
- we have on the store a new Paolo Massagli comic! A minicomic!
it is Chain and is printed in black and grey, don't miss it if you are a fan of his unmistakable style!
BUY IT NOW HERE!!!
- we have tons of news about Shintaro Kago, the series Day of the Flying Head go on with his second issue:
also we have made a special and limited box (very high quality printing) to collect all the four issues as soon as complete, the box is for sale with no books BUT with an original artwork completly at random of the series, it's launch price is only 70€ (price will rise up in time), we have prepared 64 boxes at the moment, 32 for the 32 pages of first issue and 32 for the 32 pages of second issue, we sold about 35 copies during the Lucca Comics festival, so are left very few copies available, hurry up to get your one!
Pease read carefully the desciption in the inserction,
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE!!!
* I swear that the artworks inside are completly random I just kept for me 1 page from first issue and 1 page from second issue (watch the picture).
Also we have printed a couple of huge limited and signed prints by Kago, one for eahc issue of the series, they are large, 35x50cm, printed in offset, and with a very low and collectible price, 19€ each, and 25€ the couple, yeah crazy price, hurry up to buy them, last copies will be heavly overcharged in price.
find them HERE!!!
Also we have some sketch study and sketch layout for very cheap prices, from 15€ to 65€, if you want start to collect original artworks but you cant effort expansive prices this is the right chance to get some HERE!!!
and have two new incredible artworks, ink and watercolor on thick paper, they both are huge, 35x50cm, giant size, are the same artworks of the posters (so, published artworks!). These are for true underground and prestigious walls, ready to be framed! I show them with some detail:
OK, end of newsletter, I promised to be shortest possible, and as always we have a long newsletter, sorry for that, these are just the main things, of course I forgot tons of important informations to write.
From now a bit of relax, see you soon souls, for next year with another dozen of killer/hollow books.
See you soon in December newletter with important news about U.D.W.F.G. vol.4 and Chaosholder series.
I will say bye you through this small treat that surprised me, the mother of one of hollow artists, "David Genchi" stitched for me the Hollow Press logo! It wasn't requested by me but a fantastic and unexpected surprise, of course an item I will preserve with jelousy, size is about a real head!